December 30, 2010

Wishing You a Happy & Healthy 2011

“Does it snow in Santa Fe?” people often ask in disbelief. Perhaps because they associate the desert with cactus, sand and intense heat, they forget that Santa Fe is in the Rockies at 7,000 feet. These photos are of the 8 inches of snow that recently brought snow’s hush here.



We’ve posted the new video from my fall visit at the National Book Festival and have created a section on Amazon though I always also encourage readers to patronize their local independent book store.

I hope you’ve been finding the Día Nuggets helpful. We’ll be adding Nuggets now through April 2011 on both the website and blog (with links to a downloadable packet of all Nuggets) and welcome your ideas for our second Díapalooza that will occur throughout April.

Like many of you, I’ve been trying to bring order to my desk as the year ends. Am I failing! The stack of papers keeps growing—and growing. I did manage to begin my holiday baking and made bizcochitos, New Mexico’s anise-flavored state cookie. Anyone else out there have a state cookie?

My warm thanks to each of you who has visited this blog in 2010 and a particular thanks to all who are planning 15th Anniversary April Día Celebrations in your community. My hope is that you feel welcome at my web homes, the site and blog, and that you find your visits helpful.

Wishing you holiday bookjoy!

No comments: